Sign in to follow this  
general

Affects of the hot Weather

Hey guys I was just getting everyones opinion of what they think the hot weather will do to this years hunting.

I was lucky enough to draw a late nov unit 33 hunt, so hopefully things cool down more by then back to atleast average.

But, for those who have the early hunts are you going to change strategies/ tactics? What do you plan on changing if anything

thanks

The last Oct hunt I had, it was 95* during the day. I took a buck walking down a wash at 11:00. I wasn't expecting that, (especially with the super bright full moon at night), but that's what I got. I would still glass all day no matter what the situation. The only thing I would want would be to have a water source in my glassing range. There's a member on here whose hunting group took a few coues during the middle of the day while they were going to water on an Oct hunt.

Hot weather makes most people go back to camp. Stay in the shade behind your glasses all day if you can. The deer have to eat, water, and stretch when its 30degrees or 115. They might not move around as much, but they like to get up and move to a better shaded spot when its hot. I try to stay out all day on the Oct hunts. Its not easy, but the deer are still on the hill in the middle of the day.