Sign in to follow this  
vml

35B

Its been awhile since I've been down south to hunt Deer just checking if 35B is still fairly safe to hunt. November hunt..any suggestion of where to pitch a tent for a few days....I will be hunting in Harshaw Canyon area a few few miles in going off of Patagonia...thx

You will be fine, there are always several camps in that area. It seems like the majority of the smuggler traffic is on the west side of the mountains. Border Patrol has really stepped up their presence in that area in the last year too.

One of my favorite places to hunt Coues deer pretty safe

joeybari/Siwash

Appreciate the info...thanks

I didn't hunt there this weekend but I did stay overnight with a friend and did some scouting.

Found quite a few burlap bundle sacks on our hike on Saturday but they were atleast a year old and were bleached/decaying.

As expected for that area lots of PA's driving around and one even dropped into our camp around 0100.

He was just checking on us because the spot we picked is a known staging area for dope loads (which is why we camped there, I like excitement :P ). According to him the last load that went out was about 2 weeks ago.

Smugglers don't like any unwanted attention and they know when its hunting season so I think its relatively safe down there and the PA concurred so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Be on the watch tho like the the Agent said "keep your pistols cocked" ^_^

AZ Chris

Good info, I'm looking forward to the hunt I will have my 357 right next to me at night.

A lot of hunters, border patrol and quad tours...enjoyed the hunt, got a forky on fifth day. Waiting for next year.