Sign in to follow this  
Xman2000

Loaded up on Albert's while scouting for Deer

Just got back Monday night from unit 27 Mule Deer scouting trip and took my youngest son along Xavier and good hunting buddy Don we had a blast to say the least .It all started Friday evening my Good hunting buddy from Tucson met me at my house in AJ and we set off to Egar to meet up with an other great hunting buddy Tony at his house .This is are home base when we draw any tags in unit 1 and 27 .So we rolled in late that night had a few laughs and crashed for the night my son little X and I woke up to the great smell of home tortillas and flap jacks you see Tony's wife is second to none in the kitchen and will spoil all of us by over feeding us with great food and drink whether you want to eat or not .after breakfast we made a game plan to find a great camping spot in 27 and pick up his son who was staying the night at a friends house .We picked up the both boys and took them along with us to look for Deer and do a little side hunting of Albert squrirrels .We always bring young ones along when we can and this trip was no exception plus this was my sons first Albert's hunting trip.So we finally got on the road stuffed to the gills with good food and plenty of ammunition of fresh beans (this would soon be a mistake with 6 people in a quad cab truck and having a gas ) it was not long before the windows started going down every 20 min or so and then roaring laughter from the person letting those air biscuits go.We soon started seeing lots of elk and turkeys and the occasional Albert's barking in the trees .We didn't want to spook any deer at first so we opted to pass on them for now until we could spot some mulies first .This was driving my four year old crazy because I had promised him we would be shooting these Albert's and he could not wait to harvest more as the last scouting trip I brought squirrels home and he thought it was the best fried chicken he had ever tasted ( now he knows they were squirrels). We did manage to spot lots of does and the occasional spike but nothing of any size and soon it was better to start chasing Albert's then being in the truck getting gassed out so Tony's son and and his friend were hammering squirrels while my son for the first time bird dogged for them and picked them up after holding a huge squirrel for the first time he was hooked and I think spotted the most Albert's all 3 days he could not wait to pick them up needless to say we limited every day and had great fun teaching the kids how to clean your game and care for the meat lots of Gross fun there!All in all it was a great time truck loaded with lots of munchies snacks and drink jokes at every corner and lots of young eyes to help us spot those Deer!

post-4762-1288141977_thumb.jpg

post-4762-1288142045_thumb.jpg

post-4762-1288142076_thumb.jpg

post-4762-1288142119_thumb.jpg

post-4762-1288142190_thumb.jpg

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!! ;)