Been thinking, with the heated dicussion in another string what better way to cool things down than to find out who yer fellow hunters are. Thought it would interesting to find out what drives your "passion for the hunt". Well here it goes :

Been hunt'n since I was ten years old, forty-one now. Missed a few years due to school (went to NAU), got back into it with a passion. My favorite hunt is of course for our grey ghost. I was raised in Bisbee, Arizona and have a wonderful role model hunter, my father. He is 65 and been hunting since he was 13. I love to be out of doors and enjoy God's creation every second I get. My best memories are hunt'n with dad and spending time with family. I know I will not have dad around forever so I soak in every minute I have with him. I have learned everything I know about hunt'n from my pa and great info found here and other outdoor resources (mags, books,etc). I have a 4 y.o. son who loves being outdoors and watching hunt'n shows. The little guy can bugle like an elk, it's crazy! I am passing my passion on to him just like my dad has been doing to me. I also have a 12 y.o. daughter who is asking about hunting and I intend to pass on that same passion if she desires. There is nothing I enjoy more than being with family outdoors. Favorite sites in Az are the desert, the White Mountains, esp Unit 27 and the Mule Mtns. Favorites pastimes include hunting, hiking, taking digital photos of nature, esp. venomous critters. This year I past on the grey ghost in honor of my uncle who died of liver cancer this past June. I will be hunt'n muley in order to see if I can get a nice cape for the set of antlers he left me. All in all, God has blessed me with a wonderful wife and family, great friends and a love for all living things. Added a couple of antler pics: 1) my best Coues and 2) the muley antlers my uncle left me. All were taken in Unit 30B

Regards,

Ernest

post-136-1130256595.jpg

Great summary and nice change of pace Ernest.

Good Luck on your hunt!

oops, for some reason, the muley antler pic never attached. I'll try to get it posted somehow. BTW, we've had a similar string some months past but thought we could use a refresher, esp for those "old-timers" that have been hunt'n for over 55 years or more.

Thanx for the comment Az4Life.

Now that's what it is all about.

I have been hunting as long as I can remember and the best memories are now hunting with my young son, he's almost 9. His eyes light up when I mention we will be going to the hills and he has been hunting with me since he was 3. He also makes a good alarm clock, he usually is standing by the bed at the house before the alarm goes off dressed, truck loaded and ready to go. Here pretty soon will be his turn to have the tags and he can't wait. Thanks for the post.

Enerst,

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I am 42 and been hunting since I was 10 also. Every year has been coues except three for muley's. My dad is 66 and has been my best hunting partner. We both have oct. tags and I am hoping my dad can get one more nice one. We have one located that is not to bad of a hike.If we can not get him it is ok. Just being out in God's wonderfull creation is what really counts. Good luck to every one this weekend.

Noel

To me its all about being out there, if I get a deer its a bonus-----i've never come back from a hunt mad or stressed, whether I got something or not. They're all successful hunts to me. The older I get (41), the more I challenge myself to get further and further out beyond "where the road ends"---both for my own personal challenge AND it sure produces some big bucks, I have found..........its all good

edit to add: didn't realize as I was posting this I was sitting here eating leftover venison fajita pieces mixed with homemade salsa--this certainly helps :)