Sign in to follow this  
cullenz

Martin's Firecat 400

I am looking at upgrading to different bow this year... I have been checking out some of the new models from Hoyt, Mathew, PSE, etc., and the Firecat 400 from Martin kind of struck my interest. I am a lefty so finding the bows I want to try out at archery shops can kind of be hit or miss, and I am also unfamiliar with Martin's bows. I am just curious to see if anyone has shot this bow (or similar models from Martin), and what their thoughts were. Also, does anyone know of an archery shop in or around Phoenix that carries a good selection of Martins and that might have a lefty I could try out?

i cant really answer about a store that caries alot of them i dont believe any in the valley carries alot of them. the other thing is you wont find many shops any where that will carry left handded bows for the fact that they are harder to sell so most dont want two sit on a bow for a year and sometimes 2 to sell a bow. my suggestion since im a lefty as well is have them back the bow way out so it easier two draw then shoot them right handed. i know its not great but if you compare all the bows the shop has two shoot youll be able two feel the differnece in them. and make a good desion for them to order for you. the nice thing about martin PSE mathews and those bows is you can shoot a right handed bow left handed its not the exact same feeling but youll still get the feel of the draw cycle and vibration after the shot.

i know the feeling i shoot left handed as well and it can by irritating and wat not but these are the ways i have gotten around them not having left handed bows and personaly have not made a bad perchase using these methods.

also sorry for the horrible grammer my brain dosent like two tell me the proper way to spell things and fingers like to wonder on the key bord

Thanks for the tips. I probably wouldn't have thought to shoot the bows right handed, but that would definitly be better than not messing around with them at all.

Bear mountain Archery on southern in Mesa carries Martin bows I bought one there for my wife .I am in the same boat with you I am a lefty too and its hard to find shops that carry what you want or are interested in also Dicks sporting goods also carry martin bows but you wont find a huge selection there.and I have seen martins hanging in the bass pro shops racks too at least you might get a feel for there grips and quality