Sign in to follow this  
PSEps

NM archery Javelina

Well I finally got to get out this last weekend and go try to find some javelina. I woke up on sunday morning and drove the hour drive to my hunting spot. Less than 10 minutes after I got there I spotted a group of 9 and a group of 8. I decided to go after the group of 9, because there was a real dark colored boar that was decent sized. So the stalk was on... I got to 45 yards from the boar I wanted, and drew back my x-force and let it fly. The shot looked good, but he didn't even act like he was hit. He took off running, and the foot race was on. I chased him for 2 miles (never knew I was following him), but I was never able to get within 70 yards of him. I decided that I needed to stick him with another arrow no matter what. I ranged him at 89 and settled my 90 pin on his shoulder and watched the lumenok disappear a little far back. At this point he started to run full speed AGAIN! I watched him run about 300 yards before laying down. I snuck up and stuck him one last time to finish him off. I would have lost him due to no blood trail if I hadn't ran after him. This hunt was full of action, and was probably the most exciting javelina hunt I have had. Sorry about the picture.....I forgot my camera and only had my cell phone.

Derek

post-3756-0-15476000-1297218936_thumb.jpg