Sign in to follow this  
CouesRanger

always fun to see some!!

Got the day off yesterday and went up north towards the rim to check out some elk I have been watching! I checked three normal areas I have found sheds in the past and glasses up some nice bulls in some lower areas still packing. Still some snow in some higher areas I checked out and not much sign that they were even around. Cows are looking stragily and losing their winter coats. Bulls should be dropping anytime now:-) so excited to start having some pics to share!! Good luck to all.

In regards to pushing bulls you just have to scout conservatively!! Glass glass glass if you see the bulls are still carrying let them be turn around. Although a shed hunter walking through the woods is not a totally unusual sight for a elk or any animal to see. I walked more in the areas with less or no tracks where I had found sheds in the past just to try and find some old white ones and then rebleach!! Just always fun for me I am out year round finding sheds. Get out have fun and be smart about it let the animals be animals don't harass them!!