Sign in to follow this  
desertdog

pre 64 model 70?

Does anyone happen to know what pre 64's are selling for. My uncle has one in .243. He is not looking to sell I am just curious what one in good condition is goin for these days.

Depending on grade, anywhere from 900 to 5000 bucks. Some yahoo's will try and lowball you on their value, but they are generally worth alot of money. I got 2, both featherweights, a 270 and a 243. Cant sell either one for the right price...I can feel it coming, the yahoos are warming up.....LOL, check out gunbroker.com.. they got em for sale.

Ron

Does anyone happen to know what pre 64's are selling for. My uncle has one in .243. He is not looking to sell I am just curious what one in good condition is goin for these days.

Depending on grade, anywhere from 900 to 5000 bucks. Some yahoo's will try and lowball you on their value, but they are generally worth alot of money. I got 2, both featherweights, a 270 and a 243. Cant sell either one for the right price...I can feel it coming, the yahoos are warming up.....LOL, check out gunbroker.com.. they got em for sale.

Ron

Thanks for the info ronaldo. I looked on gunbroker and saw a big discrpancy in the price range. It really does not matter to my uncle he will never sell his. It will stay in the family.......... all our guns do. He bought it band new. I believe it is a featherweight also. Great gun. He topped his with a Leaupold VX III and cleaned house dear hunting for a lot of years with the combo.

they're worthless, but i'll give ya $500 for it sight unseen. just cuz i'm a nice guy.

one thing to think of is the fact that the last one was made 47 years ago and they ain't never gonna make another one. and every rifle made since the model 70 was introduced has tried to say they were as good. they are and always will be the gold standard of bolt action rifles. they are a very fine rifle and everyone of them was very well made from really good material. an uncut standard grade in decent shape is worth a minimum of a grand. most guys want over a grand just for an action. featherweights, supergrades, africans, alaskans, westerners, featherweight supergrades, are all worth starting at about twice that and going up from there. that might be a little high for a standard featherweight, but not much. some calibers are really worth a lot too. 250/3000, 22 hornet, argenting mauser, .358 win, some of those calibers are almost priceless. a beat up one is worth thousands. if i was ever gonna sell one i'd ask the guy what he'd give me for it and then either double or triple it, just so he wouldn't buy it and i would still have it. if you ever get a real model 70, don't sell it. if you do sell it, sell it to me. and then i'll groin kick ya so ya won't forget what a mistake you made. Lark.