Sign in to follow this  
seadog

reloading

I reloaded for a bit in the 80's and did pretty good with a Rock Chucker loading 222's. I am getting back into it now for pitol and rifle. I have a Dillon Square Deal, given to me a long time ago, never used, a bit of a mystery to me.

Questions:

My Dillon is only for pistol only right? It looks too short for rifle.

If I liked a Rock Chucker, is there a best press out there for a guy who wants to do one thing at a time, and double check everything?

And, are dies and presses all interchangeable? I had everything from RCBS when I reloaded before but there seems to be a lot more different brands out there.

I am going to start with 10mm for pistol and 7mm Rem Mag for rifle.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I believe that Dillon is for pistols and maybe .223 ...I don't really remember. Go to www.brianenos.com for the Dillon info. It is a great site for that. I have 2 Dillon 550s and a 1050, but I still use my RCBS Jr. press I've had since 1973 for all my serious rifle loads. Gives me great performance even after all these years. Like you, I like to double check everything especially for my hunting loads.

I believe that Dillon is for pistols and maybe .223 ...I don't really remember. Go to www.brianenos.com for the Dillon info. It is a great site for that. I have 2 Dillon 550s and a 1050, but I still use my RCBS Jr. press I've had since 1973 for all my serious rifle loads. Gives me great performance even after all these years. Like you, I like to double check everything especially for my hunting loads.

I believe that the Square Deal is still only for pistols (unless they have changed since I bought mine). The 550 and up will do either rifle or pistol with the proper tool head. I have come to prefer the Forster Co-Ax press for rifle reloading. You don't need a bunch of shell holders (a universal shell holder is built into the press) and dies slip in and out (you don't have to screw them in and out).

• Like 1