Anyone going to take your kids out this weekend for the youth turkey hunt? We've got county 4H shooting contest in the morning, but will head out asap following that! Should be a windy weekend but were going anyway. Has anybody been out and know if they are gobbling much?

Kevin

My brother has some stuff to do this weekend, but I will be out looking for sheds and looking around for our hunt. Good luck to you guys at the county shoot tomorrow, and hope you guys get a turkey or two!

Derek

Good luck if you go. I didn't hear anything gobble last weekend when I was shed hunting, but saw several toms/jakes and the toms are starting to get some color. It was windy last weekend too and all the birds seemed to be concentrated in the very bottom of washes and streambeds. Heck, it was so windy I might not have heard them gobble even if they were!

I am not going to be able to get out for a few weeks but I heard some birds going nuts in the Black Range a week ago... it should be good for the kids... If anybody hears of any success let me know and we will put in on my website..

J

I was able to take my brother hunting this weekend. We saw about 100-120 birds the one day we were up there. We had several close calls with gobblers that would come to 40 yards and then turn around and leave. As we were walking back to the truck to head back home, we got our first good response. The gobblers were only 60 yards and were coming in fast! We didn't have time to set up my decoy because they were running in. I kept calling and they came in to 27 yards. My bro wasn't comfortable shooting through the thick bushes we were in, so he let the gobbler walk. It was a fun trip, and i considered it to be a successful hunt. I will be leaving thursday afternoon and will be hunting the whole weekend. Anyone have any success stories?

I have a friend coming from PA to hunt this weekend, I hope to find some fresh antlers for myself. I hope I have some pictures to post come Monday.

Good luck everyone,

--Bill

I'll be hunting for the first time in over 15 years. I hope i still remember how ;). I talked with friends that took a bunch of kids out last weekend and they killed 9 birds... :blink:

Good luck to everyone!!!