Sign in to follow this  
hunterlee

Off to Lake Pleasant

Hey Yall,

Headed out to pleasant later this afternoon and evening for some striper fishing. Anyone have any good suggestions on where there biting out there? And what they are in the mood to eat?

Looks like you didn't get many replies.

Well,

I like the tire line cause its close to the ramp and easy to tie up. Had good luck in the coves also. You can just look for all the lights of people fishing at night and kinda follow everyone. They move around alot so the bite is hit and miss. I'm refering to night fishing spots. But, if you want to fish in the daytime, the guys are trolling and catching nice strippers. Trolling big jigs and shad like lures and stuff. The morning bite is best if you follow the shad boils and cast around them. That last about an hour or more. I would say go at night and use lights. Use Anchovie cut bait.

Looks like you didn't get many replies.

Well,

I like the tire line cause its close to the ramp and easy to tie up. Had good luck in the coves also. You can just look for all the lights of people fishing at night and kinda follow everyone. They move around alot so the bite is hit and miss. I'm refering to night fishing spots. But, if you want to fish in the daytime, the guys are trolling and catching nice strippers. Trolling big jigs and shad like lures and stuff. The morning bite is best if you follow the shad boils and cast around them. That last about an hour or more. I would say go at night and use lights. Use Anchovie cut bait.

Thanks for the reply and the good tips. Went out a couple times in the past couple weeks. First night nothing, not even a bite. Second night, went to a "special spot" of my buddy's and started bringing them in like crazy. We used a light and it took about 30 minutes or so before we attracted the fish, but once we did it was game on. I was using chovies and would drop them to the bottom in about 50 ft of water then bring it up to about 40. Most of the time they would start hitting the line when i hit the bottom before i could even bring it up again. Great times.

Also try the reefs that drop off to 40'-60'. We anchored and let the wind push on top of the drop off and did pretty good using cut anchovies during the late morning. At night you guys using crappie lights?