Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

OTC Colorado elk advice

well, didn't draw an elk tag this year. I've done quite a bit of fly fishing in colorado and started considering an OTC archery or rifle elk tag. I saw there are OTC tags in units near Montrose and Durango. Ive never elk hunted in Colorado and was wandering if anyone has any experience with an OTC elk tag there? I'm not asking for honey-holes or anything, I just need an idea of units in Colorado to consider. I believe OTC tags are available July 12th, so just doing some research before putting a plan together. Any help is always appreciated and a Big Ol'Happy Hunting to all the lucky tag holders;)

well, didn't draw an elk tag this year. I've done quite a bit of fly fishing in colorado and started considering an OTC archery or rifle elk tag. I saw there are OTC tags in units near Montrose and Durango. Ive never elk hunted in Colorado and was wandering if anyone has any experience with an OTC elk tag there? I'm not asking for honey-holes or anything, I just need an idea of units in Colorado to consider. I believe OTC tags are available July 12th, so just doing some research before putting a plan together. Any help is always appreciated and a Big Ol'Happy Hunting to all the lucky tag holders;)

I am going to be up there for the 2nd Rifle hunt for Elk and Mule Deer, strongly considering Unit 65, South of Montrose to Red Mountain Pass, but love Unit 74, Red Mt. Pass South to Durango. Call me and we can talk about plans, maybe meeting up. Adam (480)204-2326

I am going to be up there for the 2nd Rifle hunt for Elk and Mule Deer, strongly considering Unit 65, South of Montrose to Red Mountain Pass, but love Unit 74, Red Mt. Pass South to Durango. Call me and we can talk about plans, maybe meeting up. Adam (480)204-2326

Thanks for the reply Adam. Yeah, unit 74 was one i'm considering because I'm somewhat fimiliar. Tryin' to twist my Dad's arm to head out with me. I'm hoping to see if I draw here for deer so I know what season to buy a tag for. I will definatley give you a call before bying a tag, pick your brain a little and maybe plan on meeting up ther at some point. Thanks Again!