Sign in to follow this  
RED07

got my cat back

Got my bobcat back, thanks again Bob, for the great work. This cat I shot this feb , It was my wifes first time out calling. the day started out with my wife with the shotgun and I had the 22 mag. the first stand I sat my wife up under a mesquite and I was about 20 yrds to her right, I started blowing the call, in less than one min i had a coyote come barreling in, it was about 200 out. I squeeked to get my wifes attention, but she had already seen it, she raised the barrel of the shot gun, alright shes going to get her first yote. I kept on the call and it was on a string now about 120 out, I take a look at her to see if she still has the hold on it. she was ready! boooom! , booom!. ??????? I stand up and look at her, she says I think I missed, I said well yeah it was at 120 yrds, and youre carrying the shot gun, she knows that gun, she shoots trap like a pro, I told her to wait for it to come in to about 40 or crawls in her lap before see shoots. she thought I kidding, so on to the next stand, this time we sat together. we got in a shaddy spot under another mesuite, and I started again, this time I was screaming on it. we had called for about three mins with a couple pauses in between then out pops what i thought was a pup coyote, it was just staring in our direction. I started making some light calls and it started towards us, as it moved I knew it was a cat, she would creep closer to us at about 50, everytime i stopped calling it would stop, I nugged my wife and whispered shoot, she muttered no, I tell her shoot its yours, she said I cant, where I was at I didn't have a good shot, all the branches were between me and the cat, so I squeeked on the call and it crept closer, as it was moving i was reaching for the shot gun, and my wife was starting to ease up, I grab her leg and ease her down, while still squeeking on the call, I turn to look at the cat and its still stalking us, know at 15 yrds, with shotgun in hand, call in mouth, I ease the gun through the brush,and the cat starts to bolt, BAMM! cat down! I turned to my wife and she was already behind the tree. I'm laughing,she thought that the bobcat was going to get her. she looks at me and smiled and said "that was a rush!" my first bobcat was down

post-4070-0-90819100-1309315785_thumb.jpgpost-4070-0-90686500-1309315899_thumb.jpgpost-4070-0-96281400-1309317006_thumb.jpg