Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

first day of the year archery

went out today with terry (25-06) to a new spot. Hiked in a few miles on the way jumped a buck with some decent height on the antlers but couldnt tell how many points it had we tried to stalk him for a while with no luck. then we made our way to a pond that was a few more miles in and set up Terry went off to do his own thing while I sat there waiting for my big ole buck to appear not fifteen minutes after he left I heard a deer coming from his direction that he spooled down towards me it ran about 10 feet behind me with its little forks on its head and NEVER SAW ME I didnt get a chance for a picture or a chance to even draw back my bow. about half an hour later two doe cam up on the pond and were drinking 30 yards from me for a few minutes then left I got a few pics. Terry finally came back and said he had found a lion kill up the mountain and not five minutes after he sat down the javelina started coming and coming and coming (lol) we counted about 20 full size and 5 piglets. I got a few pics of that. well they stuck around fighting and such for about half an hour and never looked our direction once. ( we had an awesome spot set up) the javi finally left and so did terry to find the rest of the lion kill(coues??? no head) while he was gone 2 more doe came in for water. by this time I was about 5 hours of sitting and we had a long walk back so when terry got back we walked over where the deer had been coming from and down on to the shore of the pond. there were lion tracks all around the pond. we walked about a quater mile off the water and found 2 lion kills not 50 yards apart one a calf and the other a doe on the way out we stopped to look at the pond one final time before cresting the hill (1000 yards from pond) glassed it and all be damned if there werent more deer drinking even after we just walked all over it and left our scent? we got back to the truck and ate some moose meatloaf sandwiches and headed out. all in all it was a really good day and a really nice spot to come back to for my javi hunt in feb and for the rest of archery season. sorry to be so long winded I am gonna try once more to post some pictures

post-670-1136165754.jpg