Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Apply for New Mexico now

NM game and fish is now accepting apps for the 2006 season.

I just applied for Elk, deer and antelope.

I have to consult with my man, Tommy(Crazyaboutcoues), first :lol:

Sounds great, I didn't think they excepted app's until Feb. If you were looking for a better than average elk hunt which of the 16's is best? I have horses and pack gear. I hunted unit 2 next to the Jic. in the late 1980's with no luck. have had a couple buddies draw Valle Vidal elk tags and had great hunts. Lots of elk but not any GIANTS. Or maby the 16's are not the answer. Does anyone know much about units 12,23,34,36,37? Any help would be appreciated. I know this is all about Coues deer but does anyone know about the Mule deer in unit 2B or 2C? :)

Where would i want to put in for to go and hunt Coues deer in new Mexico? I will be headed form Vegas and want to drive their and set up camp and go hunting...

Nay ideaS? I ned some land that is nto all provate properties As I will not have permission first. I do nto think it is like Az that you go just about anywhere.

* The February deadline includes draws for oryx licenses, entry permits for bear and turkey and population reduction hunts for elk, deer, antelope, oryx and javelina.

** The April deadline includes draws for elk, deer, antelope, bighorn sheep, ibex and javelina licenses.

looks like it is for both depradation and regular hunts with off set deadlines..

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me. My brother and I are interested in applying for mule deer tags in your state. However, I can't open the files on NM G&F site for some reason. How much is a non-resident tag and license in New Mexico?

My grandparents lived in Silver City until they pasted away and I remember going with my grandfather hunting in the Burros on my very first hunting trip. This will be sort of a hunt to relive those days if you know what I mean.

We are interested in the hunting the areas around Silver City. Is this a decent area for mulies? What would be our chances of even getting a tag?

Thanks

Matt/Dodger2

Matt,

The license and tag is either $270 for standard hunt or $355 for quality hunts (Burro Mt.). Also there is a $5 habitat stamp fee and the new $10 depredation fee. However, it only costs $6 to apply.

Your chances of drawing are fairly good for several of the units around Silver (21,22,23,24) other than the Burro Mt portion. That is tough to draw even for residents. Any of these units are decent for Mule deer.

May I ask who your grandparents were? I grew up in Silver and hunting the Burros. Just thought I might have known them.

Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for the help. I know it is early, but I'm trying to plan if you know what I mean.

I also sent you a PM.

Matt