Sign in to follow this  
mbiewer

unit 23 insight

So how early is too early to scout? ha ha, i wanted to skip outa work tuesday after the draw results posted. Got my unit 23 muley tag for late october.

Any one here have any tips/insight/info they willing to share? Friend at work got his deer out of 23 last season just west of young.

So how early is too early to scout? ha ha, i wanted to skip outa work tuesday after the draw results posted. Got my unit 23 muley tag for late october.

Any one here have any tips/insight/info they willing to share? Friend at work got his deer out of 23 last season just west of young.

That was the last mulie seen in that country in almost a Year!! ;)

Actually as Super Jumbo mentioned in another thread (about coues), but also applys to Mulies.... many find that densities of deer are higher the further south in the unit they go... I was once told that on a survey a few years back, "Hundreds" of Mulie bucks were observed on the North side of Rosey in the "desert" country... I have no confirmation of this... maybe a myth... But I will tell you the futher north you go in the unit the thicker it gets and it becomes much harder to find a mature buck. Any 130-140 inch mulie in 23 is a great buck... Although I have seen an occational 160-170... prety rare. Good Luck.

• Like 1

Last year I chased around a 170-180 class 5 x 7 with my bow and I know of a 193 that came out of 23 a couple years ago, but there is a lot of land. I have the same 23 md tag and hopefully I can get it done with a rifle this year. glass glass glass ig unit and they are everywhere in the unit. good luck