Sign in to follow this  
CHD

Monster Galiuro Mtn Bucks

I just got off the phone with my good friend Robin Bechtel from Show Low. He just heard a story that a guide from Safford and his buddy harvested two 130"+ typicals in 32 in 2003. Evidently, this guide's business is called Coues Crazy or some such thing.

Can any of you confirm this? If it's true, these are top 10 typicals!!!

Chris Darnell

Edited by CHD

I have not heard anything about it. I will start asking around. I have lots of contacts in that unit. I was raised in there and all my friends still live down there , and spend more time in all the #30's units than the do at home. they can almost tell you were you got a buck by looking at it. and if one is missing they are soon to know about it being gone. I will tell you it would not surprise me to see it true. This state sure does hold some nice bucks in it and there is always a surprise out there just waiting to be busted out of a draw some wear or glassed up high on a ridge. just talking about it I can almost see one ya know what Im saying. I do know that coues crazy has taken some very nice bucks. the owner of coues crazy is derek someting i have talked to him once.They do have a web page you can look on there if they did kill something of that size im sure they will have it on there.

Edited by ARIZONA GUIDE

AZ. Guide, do you know thier web site address, i tried couescrazy.com did'nt work?Thanks for the e-mail...CB1

CB 1

go to www.huntinworld.com and then find were it says coues deer , and it will go to coues crazy. I just talked to one of my friends down there and they said they know of two that they think will score around 120-125. They seem to think it was someone else that got them. I think there was a 138 coues buck from last year that was just finalized by the game and fish, But it was not out of unit 32 , but another area down south.

I don't know about the ones in unit 32 but I know there were two 120" class bucks killed in 24B in 2003.

Travis

Heard and saw the pictures on the one...do you know the story on the other 120 buck.....BH

CB1,

I know it was killed in 24B by someone that lives here in Globe. It was rough scored at 120" (gross score.) It has a 20 inch spread and 19 inch main beams. I gave him Amandas phone # to get it scored officially. Maybe Amanda will post something or if I hear of anything new I will let you know.

Travis

I should be scoring both those bucks, but I have been out hunting and haven't had time. Maybe sometime in Feb. I will get it done.

Thanks for passing out my number Travis.

Amanda

Thank's for the reply, pro and amanda...just love to hear about those toads..20 inch spread....look forward to seeing a picture....BH

Guest CouesCrazy

Hey this is Derek with Coues Crazy Outfitters. I heard these rumors that I killed a couple of 130 bucks so I thiught I better check it out. I dont know how this rumor got started, I wish it was try but sadly its not. I have footage of some bucks and have seen a few bucks in the 125-130 class but we didnt harvest any of them. I also heard from a guy that he heard on AZOD that we killed some monsters but I think people heard I had the footage of good bucks and you know how rumors get started. When we do kill those 2 -130 bucks I will deffinatly post them but dont cross your fingers. I did kill a 107 5/8 in unit 32 and we killed some other good bucks but no 130s. Take care guys and keep hunting.

Hey Derek,

Thanks for the reply and the honesty.

The rumormill is indeed a crazy thing. This one actually made it all the way to Colorado and back to AZ. But you can't complain about the publicity!

Chris Darnell

Edited by CHD

It is crazy how rumors get started. I heard from about 10 different people about this and all of their stories were different. The only thing that I can think that got it started was people knew I was watching a couple of big bucks and I showed some footage to a few people and they told people about it.Hopefully by next year we will have enough good footage to finish our Coues vidio and then everyone can see some of these bucks.Intill then Ill just keep watching them and mabye we will be lucky enough to take one of the monsters next year. Take care and keep chasing thoughs Coues