Sign in to follow this  
kninebirddog

OMG Whats That

Here are some Clickable thumbnails of fur on a manikin

OK so I had to much to drink last night really those eyes looked the same last night

th_2011-11-07_08-12-51_925.jpg

Wow I didn't know ears were about half way down a deers neck

th_2011-11-07_08-13-59_210.jpg

How to make a deers ear longer..just pull the bases out more

th_2011-11-07_08-12-33_147.jpg

Better yet so what I can fill this hide to make it fit .add some extra to the nose ..oh wait now I know Yep that look is what we see at night driving through texas, also interesting I didn't know deer mated with anteaters

th_2011-11-07_08-12-09_902.jpg

Ah just it is a little short people will never notice if I stretch this hide and add extra paint to the nose they won't notice even when the hide shrinks that the nose starts to crack .. Promise It won't be noticeable and those eye glands if they ask I'll just tell them bett you didn't know they stuck out on deer but don't worry no one will have the guts to tell you when it is hanging on your wall

th_110711081653.jpg

Hey gave you a special deal as I got these manikins on sale ..Had to throw in some extra stitches but you won't notice it on the wall...(at least not till the hide shrinks and your deer looks like it has a toupee on much less the eyes are far out set Oh and sorry for scraping the hide with to sharp of a knife but no one will notice the missing slices of fur

th_2011-11-07_08-11-24_818.jpg

These pictures make these deer look far better then they are...you really can't tell far the eyes poke out like an insect some are about like praying mantis eyes..much less some of the ears are peeling...I have a wall in the back of the house I call the wall of shame as it was a shame we wasted the money to have those deer mounted and that they are so bad I hate even getting them near any of Wellers or other decent work...but then As I tell people Go to Sportsman ware house in Tucson That right there is the best advertising for what quality work like Wellers is versus slapping a hide on a manikin which some of those mounts down there will make you get bitter beer face when you begin to pay attention to those life like details .

PS People when you get drawn for the hunt...That is the time to go hunt for a taxidermist find out how they want you to cape your mount and how they want you to field prep how much they will charge ...Go see the work ..go check out at least 3 or 4 different taxidermist Look at their work see what they have done..Don't wait till you animal is down and then try and scramble to find the first one in the yellow pages

We have seen some decent work for reasonable for those mounts that are not ie Trophy..

On this mountain lion..we happened to be walking out when the person who paid to have this Cat he had been chasing for 3 years was bringing it back to the taxidermist...All he had to say was wasn't even worth the space in the garage and he sure wasn't putting it in the house

th_mountainlion3.jpg

th_mountainlion2.jpg

And what can I say..I sure wouldn't be happy with this

th_bobcat_on_stump_op_640x480.jpg

This one reminds me of that Bob Dylan Song EVERYBODY MUST GET STONED

th_reddeerright.jpg

and again Yes I am picky and if I would get a trophy back with ear that look like they are turned down like it is listening to the ground..No I would not be happy at all

th_Jacoby_pedestal_op_640x1345.jpg

Click through this link http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2011/07/30-worst-taxidermy-photos-facebook there is some stuff that OML...a polar bear with bad allergies to I think it is a leopard with leprosy :o

I needed a good laugh, thanks

What is really sad though on the last pictures I posted the person who does that taxidermy has those mounts on his web page and thinks he does a great job :unsure:... I used to hate Euro style mounts ..after some of the BS I have had to deal with over in Texas I have come to love the skull hooker mounting ...I just can't bring myself to have anything else done by people who really need to seek another profession as my closest is full of mounts I would rather hide