Sign in to follow this  
soccerstar2013

Good Morning

Well it is archery season and I have the week off due to it being Christmas, so I thought Id go out and try to stick a deer! My dad and I planned on camping and hunting the Buenos Aires Refuge all 3 days but after seeing around 60 deer and not a single buck we left half way through the second day!:/ We went to try a new spot this morning and what a change. Only saw 10 deer but 2 of them were bucks! The first was a spike on one side and had a little fork on the other; The second buck was a decent Forky and I would not have even thought about not shooting him! Got busted once I got within 100 yards to the 2nd buck will be back out there come Monday! Here are some Pics:

3 Does bedded at around 80 yards on the refuge!

100MEDIAIMAG0174.jpg

A Doe and a fawn we saw 100 yards off the road this morning!

100MEDIAIMAG0177.jpg

This is the second Buck! My dad glassed Him up in his Bed!

100MEDIAIMAG01791.jpg

Saw 2 more bucks this morning and around 12 does! One was by itself (It was a tiny spike) but it was to far to even get close with a bow. The other buck (a forky) was with a group of 5 does; We got within 100 yards and the deer were feeding right towards us I really thought it was going to happen when all of the sudden the lead doe stops out of know where and stares straight at us at around 80 yards! I have no idea how she saw us we didn't move or anything! Tricky little deer to hunt!