Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Welcome to Ross Outdoors!

Please help me welcome Ross Outdoors as a sponsor of CouesWhitetail.com! We couldn't have this website without our sponsors, so please consider that when you are in need of any hunting gear.

Ross Outdoors started in 2004 and focused primarily on optics rentals, in 2006 the business moved to 59th Ave. & Van Buren in West Phoenix and the archery department was started. The official address is 5825 W. Van Buren Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85043.

Ross Outdoors has optics, optics rentals, archery gear, and other hunting gear. You will get some great advice and service if you stop by their store. And CouesWhitetail.com members get 10% off purchases of $100 or more at their store (discount applies to purchases made in-store only). They have some cool mounts to look at in the store as well, so drop on by and check them out.

post-1-0-93362400-1325185795_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-71683700-1325185816_thumb.jpg

To give you an idea about what they carry at the store here are the top 5 products they sell now are: PSE Evo 7 (very smooth and fast bow), Mathews Heli M (Mathews 2012 bow, very light 3.5 lbs.), Vortex Kaibab 15x56’s (high powered binoculars with great quality glass for the price), Vortex Riflescopes (again great glass for the $), and Flatline Maps (great maps featuring prominent hunting units in the state of AZ)

Ross Outdoors was originally known for renting optics, however, they continue to expand the products they carry. Here are 5 products they sell that you might not know they sell. Carver Predator Calls (handmade in the USA out of very nice wood, very reasonably priced and sound great), Tri Clawps (a shooting accessory that mounts on any tripod, turns your tripod into a bench rest), PSE Dominator Pro (Top of the line target bow that not many shops carry), PSE Supra Target Bow (a very nice target bow at a more reasonable cost than the Dominator), and Jack Attack Decoy by FoxPro (awesome decoys that aid in predator calling).

Ross Outdoors recently acquired a dealership for Prime bows by G4, those bows will be introduced within the next couple of weeks. They also recently became a FoxPro dealer.

post-1-0-17926300-1325195530_thumb.jpg

Josiah Richards, marketing director for Ross Outdoors, says "Ross Outdoors was founded originally as an optics rental company; the goal was to provide the common person with the best quality optics at an affordable price. After opening the Archery department of Ross Outdoors, our mission became to provide top quality bows combined with the best possible bow service. We pride ourselves on our customer service and overall knowledge of hunting and archery."

Josiah added, "David Bennett was the original employee of Ross Outdoors, his knowledge of optics and archery equipment is unsurpassed by most. He is a master bow technician who prides himself as being a “perfectionist.” His attention to detail and meticulousness in his profession ranks him as one of the best bow technicians in the state, if not the country."

Are you interested in learning more about predator hunting? Josiah had this to say about employee Nathan LaCost, "Nathan is our resident predator hunting expert here it Ross Outdoors, however, he is passionate about all aspects of hunting, especially when it comes to archery."

Ross Outdoors supports some of the wildlife conservation groups in AZ. They support the Arizona Elk Society by donating prizes for their annual banquet; and they have also participated in the Desert Bowhunter’s Elk Seminar by donating prizes. They are also donating prizes to our CouesWhitetail.com annual Coues contest.

"Our customers vary widely in skills and knowledge when it comes to hunting and archery. We pride ourselves on making newcomers to the sport of archery feel comfortable with a bow and arrow by the time they leave our store. As well as having the knowledge to help the most experienced archer or hunter that comes into the store," said Josiah.

Ross Outdoors also has a free rewards program where after spending $1000 in the store over any period of time the customer will be rewarded with a $50 in-store credit.

Ross Outdoors also offers free instruction to anyone looking to get into archery.

Ross Outdoors can meet a variety of needs of CouesWhitetail.com members, so why not stop by and talk with the staff and see what they have to offer. And don't forget to get your 10% CW.com discount!

Ross Outdoors

5825 W. Van Buren Rd.

Phoenix, AZ

http://www.rossoutdoors.com/

602-386-1266

View map to their store by clicking on link below.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=5825+W.+Van+Buren+Rd.,+Phoenix,+AZ&hl=en&ll=33.451639,-112.180195&spn=0.071327,0.154324&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.671324,79.013672&vpsrc=6&hnear=5825+W+Van+Buren+St,+Phoenix,+Maricopa,+Arizona+85043&t=m&z=13

I know i sport there sticker on my suburban with pride. Ordered a hunt map from them and it got lost by my post office. One of there employ's i dont recall his name offered to drive a copy of the map to me so i could have it before my hunt. I live about a hour west of them in tonopha so it isnt just around the block. It seems hard these days to find good service and people who accualy care about your buisness on a personal level. Thank u very much ross out doors. My post office ended up finding out where my package was so there was no need to deliver it but just the thought and offer meant so much to me.

Amanda,

Thank you very much for the write-up!

Ross Outdoors is giving away 5 Havalon Piranta Edge knives in a drawing. The drawing is free, all that you need to do is register on our community page or like us on Facebook . If you do both, then your name will be entered in the drawing twice. The drawing will be held at the end of January to determine the 5 winners. We encourage you to share your trophy photos and videos at both locations.

Thanks again and good luck in the drawing!

Josiah

Ross is an awesome resource for hunting. I purchased a couple of Jim White tripod heads from them at awesome prices. They seem to be committed to superb customer service and want to make sure you are taken care of!!