Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Out of State Elk Hunts

Guest akaspecials

On Christmas day my mother let my father and I know that the finances have freed up to do an out of state elk hunt. We've both put in a lot of leg work and harvested elk from AZ, but we are tired of waiting on tags! Although we've always been DIY on hunting, we are willing to try a guide/outfitter since we won't be able to scout at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on outfitters, states/units, or any other suggestions for looking at out of state hunts? Any links, experiences, or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!

E.B.

Montana elk/deer combo was a 100% draw in 2011. Costs $900+ for the tags. If u draw that then u can put in for the LE units in the second draw. If u get one of those then that would give u a start with guides. I tried it DIY archery this year - unsuccessful but had fun. Also Allegiant air is very cheap for flights...

Check out this web site, this is my best freinds family they have been at it forever, I used to guide for them when I lived in Colorado, In the past couple of years it seems that things have been going there way and they are starting to harvest some really nice Bulls and some excellent Mule Deer.

WWW.weimerhunting.com

I think that there facebook page is Weimer Hunting also but not sure (I don't do face book. Take a look and if you want to call and talk to the Ask for Ryan.