Sign in to follow this  
CEI

2012 Drought Outlook

Oooouch!!!!

season_drought.gif

Arizona had some great precipitation to finish off 2011, but it has been dry since. Colorado also just received a fair amount of snow, but this outlook map isn't very exciting. We bring this up with draw deadlines approaching fast. We also had several people with lots of points inquiring about whether or not too apply.

Should you apply for Arizona for Elk if you are a non-resident with 13+ points? Yes!

Could this answer change by the end of February? Yes!

February & March are going to be critical, so pay attention to the weather & this blog. 7390207506001098692-5104394337798847232?l=blog.outdoorsmansresourceguide.comdi</img>di</img>

CeiOutdoorsBlog?d=yIl2AUoC8zA</img> CeiOutdoorsBlog?d=63t7Ie-LG7Y</img> CeiOutdoorsBlog?i=nclJm-1HFgQ:lGP6v1BRK8U:-BTjWOF_DHI</img> CeiOutdoorsBlog?d=qj6IDK7rITs</img> CeiOutdoorsBlog?i=nclJm-1HFgQ:lGP6v1BRK8U:V_sGLiPBpWU</img>nclJm-1HFgQ

View the full article

Good ol La Nina making for a warm and dry late winter/spring. I know that in southern az with the wet early winter and then recent warm up it has really greened up quite a bit. Hopefully northern az and the rim country are seeing the same thing to help give the elk some early antler growing nutrition.