Sign in to follow this  
javihammer

Our AZ EXPO muley tag needs to come back home

Thanks for the clarification on the strip tag John, it seems like the fiscally responsible thing to do would be to move the tag back to Arizona. Easier said than done I’m sure.

So much has been said about the ill will toward the ADA if they choose to stick with and support the AZSFW or the SFW. Can you imagine the positive will that would come from all of the Average Joes and even rags to riches guys across the Western US that would value and respect the gall of the ADA to turn the tables on the AZSFW and SFW. The deliberative (albeit slow) way the ADA has chosen to take a position on their future support of the AZSFW would probably make the decision even more influential to the other undecided wildlife groups. I hope the ADA makes a public statement on this well before the banquet, a positive message to end support of AZSFW would probably improve banquet attendance (my invitation is sitting next to me right now).

Arizona hunters are capable of forgiveness and overwhelming support when there is good reason to show it. The ADA should view this as an opportunity and join the short list of groups that were bold enough to change direction on this group when the HB 2072 situation came up. I am honestly amazed that Amanda has kept the dialogue on these issues open for as long as she has, there have been a lot of unkind words (justifiably so) said about some of the people that advertise on her site. The fact that she has weathered this storm shows why CWT is where our own Game and Fish department chooses to clarify issues, that credibility took a long time to build.

None of us became addicted to hunting because our Dad’s took us to an expo, we got the bug because our Dad’s took us into the field. This expo thing may look like business as usual to the people in the bubble but it looks like a sad perversion of our sport to the rest of us. Like I said in a previous post, you seem like a nice guy and I honestly think the ADA will do the right thing.

Ryan