Sign in to follow this  
javihammer

Just funnin with ya

Beavis – Uhhhh….Hey Butthead, what is that meeting about again?

Butthead – Uhhh, like we need to interview and pick Conditioners or something

Beavis – Uhhhh, okay….uhhhh…..How do we do it?

Butthead – Uhhhhh huh huh….We need pick at least two people dude, five max, and there are like eleventeen of em…don’t worry I already know which ones Don wants us to pick for Jane……pick these two guys. Give these guys 10 points and trust me…we have almost half the points dude. We can override the the other three on the appointment board. Give the other candidates zero points… our two guys cannot lose. We can even have the total score put into the public notes…. pretty smart huh….huh…huhhu….kind of a wink to show which one was our favorite.

Beavis – Huh huh….okay, smart…..what if I get confused?

Butthead – Uhh, my wife is a lobbyist for these dudes, we can call her, lobbyists are the only ones we can talk to according to the rules I helped write. Pretend you don’t know me though, since we are both members of Arizona People Exploiting Wildlife.

Beavis – uhhhh….You mean AZPEW right?

Butthead – uhhhhh….yeah AZPEW…..by the way my wife is like their only officially paid employee….she practically writes her own checks…she also works for AZPEWC, they make license plates. License plates are cool, they have like letters AND numbers on em….and colors……and stickers...

Beavis – uhhhh huh huh….uhhh…..Sweet!….license plates are shiny and stuff, I can stare at them for hours. What do we do until it is time to vote?

Butthead – uhhh…….I will ask smart questions about money, this guy needs to be hungry for money. AZGFD is like a $100,000 dollar agency….Uhhhhh…He needs to be someone willing to sell lots of game tags for money….lots of em, Don said so. Expos…auction tags…..Don likes expos….raffles…lots of em…this guy must like expos…… no one else better ask about money, I want that question, I will tell the other interviewers that I called that question.....I used to be a Conditioner, I deserve to ask the money questions dangit!

Beavis – Uhhhhh…..so what do I ask about?

Butthead – Uhhhh…..ask about wolves, everybody hates wolves. Don loves….I mean hates wolves, ask all of the interview candidates about wolves…..they need to hate wolves……huh huh….huh

Beavis – Uhhhhh…..okay……wolves are big and bad, they eat little piggies…my Mom read me a story about them once…I WILL ask about wolves…..thanks for the idea Butthead

Butthead – Uhhhh…uhhh…huh……Just remember, we don’t know each other, the rules say you need to be unasphyxiated with other wildlife groups…..do not mention you are with AZPEW, you are supposed to be an individual…. Some granola chick from Tucson will jump all over you if she sees the puppet strings attached to your back.

Beavis – Uhhhhh….got it…..been picking winners all my life. See you at the interview meetings Butthead, I hope we get the hamburger we were promised at the Expo this year if Jane picks OUR guy as the new Conditioner.

Butthead – Uhhhh…Hamburgers are cool, see you at the meeting Beavis. uhhhh….huhhuh

I noticed there were some comments recently that expressed concern about the AZGFD Commissioner Appointment Board. This board was spearheaded by the AZSFW and has AT LEAST two full fledged AZSFW members on it (there are only five people total). One of the people on this board is Suzane Gilstrap's husband. The purpose of the board is to "help" the governor pick a new commissioner every year (Commissioners serve staggered terms of 5 years). Since so many of us seem to have trust issues with the AZSFW it is scary to think that people closely associated with them have such influence on this process. I would prefer to see the Appointment Board sink to the bottom of the ocean with the rest of the AZSFW wreckage.

I have included a link to the minutes from these meetings. The meeting minutes to the two interview sessions are strangely misdated as 2010, they are actually from November 2011 and the links to them can be found at the bottom of the page. Make sure you open the meeting minutes at the bottom of the page, not the agenda. Please enjoy, I did.

http://www.azgfd.gov/govCommBoard/index2.html

Ryan