Sign in to follow this  
Western Hunter

Friday’s Feature-Elk Hunting Pics from our Fans-Week 1

tumblr_m04qb6kd8c1rozoaho1_1280.jpg?w=563&h=813Willi Schmidt and his Colorado archery bull taken in September 2009. It was a public land, DIY hunt in N. Central Colorado the fourth week of the archery season.

tumblr_m04qpfj77u1rozoaho1_1280.jpg?w=576&h=813Bryan Stone- A friend and I packed in 3.5 miles into the Oregon backcountry on the last weekend of the season. We spotted this bull bedded on a ridge near a wallow, I made a stalk up to 55 yards and cow called to stand him up, one shot and he was down 75 yards later. My biggest bull to date and truly an experience I will never forget.

tumblr_m09uzx0gfk1rozoaho1_1280.jpg?w=579&h=364Ben Cook- “Here’s a picture of my first archery bull taken this year in Montana. This was my first back country trip as well. We were about 13 miles from the trailhead when I killed this bull. If P&Y had a category for 4x4 elk I think this would be the new world record.â€

Congrats to Elk Hunter Magazine readers, Willi, Bryan and Ben on their successful elk hunts!  Elk Hunter Magazine would love to see some more of your elk hunting pictures.  We are going to be featuring our readers pictures every week.  Please send your pictures and a brief story to webmaster@elkhuntermagazine.com

2189 2189 2189 2189 2189 2189 2189 b.gif?host=feedtheobsession.elkhuntermagazine.com&blog=28377747&post=2189&subd=elkhuntermagazine&ref=&feed=1

View the full article