Sign in to follow this  
javihammer

Where does the ABA stand on HB 2072 and the AZSFWC?

The ABA (Arizona Bowhunters Association) sent a request for comments about HB 2072 out last week. They provided links to the AWF letter and the AZSFW plea for HB 2072. The feedback was not solicited as part of a one man, one vote survey. Instead they asked for comments to be forwarded to the Chairman of the ABA. I even made a comment that things looked legit.......until.

I noticed almost all of the items listed as donations to their 2011 banquet came from AZSFW/SFW related companies and outfitters. I am wondering if the donations for the 2012 banquet are coming from a similar place. Either way, it is more important that the ABA focus on letting their members and the public know where they stand rather than sitting back and counting banquet raffle donations right now. Especially if the time dealing with banquet donations results in an unfortunate delay in disavowing a group and bill that is REALLY REALLY bad for their members. Of all groups, I would have to believe bowhunters would have the least support for these things (I myself identify as more of a bowhunter than just about anything else). Here is the url to see the banquet item list. See below for a list of items I pulled off their website, I colored the ones that concern me red. Here is a link to see this on their website http://www.arizonabowhunters.org/1BanquetList.html

• 15X56 SWAROVSKI BINOS

• Wildlife Prints

Hoyt Carbon Element Bow

• Hoyt Vixen Bow

• Texas Exotics Hunt

• Leica Range Finder

• Vortex Spotting Scope

• Double Bull Blind

• Lake Mead Guided Fishing Trip

Outdoorsman Backpack

• Outdoorsman Sleep System Bag

• Outdoorsman Tripod

• Hoyt CRX32 Bow

• Hoyt Rampage Bow

• Mossberg 81224 935 Turkey/waterfowl combo

Savage 19235 Axis Youth 243 with scope

• Savage 96705 Model 93 .17HMR spiral bbl

• Savage 17782 model 16 FCSS 300 WSM

• Savage 45100 Model 64 FVXP .22 w/ scope

• Smith and Wesson ICON 30/06

• Vortex Kaibab 15x56

• Vortex 6.5-20 Viper rifle scope

Lake Mead Fishing Trip – Would that be an AWO fishing trip with Don Martin?

Outdoorsmans, Hoyt, Savage……all AZSFW/SFW linked companies out of SLC.

I am sure looking forward to the group with this mission statement “To Foster, Perpetuate, and Expand Bowhunting and Bowhunting Ethics in Arizona” coming forward in the very very near future. Timing is very important to Arizona hunters right now, especially as groups like the AZSFWC work to try to victimize hunters on future tag grabs. We need you to disavow HB 2072 and break from the AZSFWC now ABA, not later.

Ryan