Sign in to follow this  
CEI

Guided Hunter vs UnGuided Hunter

Personal opinion...

165638_1508595519078_1360036530_31060000_1149370_n.jpgA long, long, time ago, when I lived in a little bubble, I honestly thought all Guided Hunters were high rollers that tossed cash around in order to slay a monster bull. Bluntly, I thought most of them were jerks. Over the past 10 years I have met many Guided Hunters & Guides during hunts & many of them have been good guys.

Moms-Desert-Ram-001.jpg

Now without a doubt, there are those Guided Hunters & Guides that can be plain jerks. I have also seen this trend increase with DIY/UnGuided hunters. Before you get bristled up, let me clarify this, I have never been the hunter on a guided hunt. I personally enjoy the aspects of scouting & doing it on my own, even if it means my success rates are compromised. It's just who I am & what I enjoy. With that said, the rudeness within the entire hunting society is fueled by jealousy & the desires to kill a trophy animal at all costs.

How did we get here? How did we get to where we won't shake the hand of another in the field? (I am not talking just Guided hunter vs UnGuided hunter, I believe there is an increase in hostility between UnGuided vs UnGuided, as well.) How did we get to where we hate the other guy when he kills a big buck?

We are all guilty of jealousy to some degree, myself included. I have caught myself in the middle of sentences, only to later realize, I said something out of jealousy. Maybe, those guys were jerks or they didn't do it how I would have, but that's their choice. You can't control others, but you do have a choice to put your best foot forward & choice to make No EXCUSES.

after tax appointment editing...

I believe & truly believe this, we NEED to truly NOT forget why we started hunting in the first place. If we can get back to that place & worry about ourselves, we will be better off.7390207506001098692-1079973078201756645?l=blog.outdoorsmansresourceguide.com

View the full article