Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Eberlestock Battleship V90 Backpack

Guest akaspecials

Any of you guys owned or used a Eberlestock Battleship V90. I'm looking at it for hunting and backpacking (7-10 day trips, avg. 50-75lbs loads, max loads of 110lbs). I want some outside opinions before dropping the money on it.

Thanks guys!

I have not owned or used this specific model of pack. However, I have found Eberlestock to be of good quality, and reasonably priced given the features workmanship, thought, etc. that are put into the packs. Ultimately, it will depend on what you want to do with the pack. From my understanding, the V90 is more of a tactical pack. This is not to say that it couldn't be well suited for your needs. I would consider looking at their hunting oriented packs and their features before making a final decision. The biggest benefit I find with the hunting oriented packs is their integral ability to comfortably carry a rifle in addition to a heavy load. The V90 can be set up to carry a rifle in a slightly different manner. In my experience, I have found that without water and food caches, a 7-10 day trip will often be much over 50-75lbs. Something to think about, and the V90 seems suited for such ventures. Not to say that you aren't, but be realistic with what you want to do with a pack before you make a decision. All in all, Eberlestock is a good product, at a reasonable price for the market.

Guest akaspecials

nastynate: Thanks for the input! I've definitely looked at all of their packs and decided the battleship would be the best one for me. Right now I'm using a 75 Liter North Face pack that I've completely worn through and it's too small for long trips if I have to carry any bulky winter clothing. I also hike with my girlfriend a lot so I end up carrying 2 people's gear instead of just mine on weekend backpacking trips. So my load adds up fast!

firstcoueswas80: thanks for the link!