Sign in to follow this  
'Ike'

Ranger, Prowler or Rhino For UTV's

Looking for a side by side to play with...Any experience with any of above and pros/cons? Thanks...

Like my Ranger.some of the pros are Quiet, smooth ride, plenty of power, big enough for my family of six with the rear seat placed in the bed, better stability so you don't tip as easy as rhino.

Some cons are to big to fit in the bed of a truck, seats are more like a golf cart.

Mine is a 2007 Polaris ranger 700 xp.

Oops pushed the button to fast. My father in law has a stock rhino they are smaller so they can fit in a truck bed if you needed it to. It can go into some tighter spots, but the roll over danger is much higher because the wheel base is so short and skinny. Wheel spacers are a must for safety. The seats are way comfortable. It is a rough ride and rattles very bad.

My neighbor has a stock arctic cat and it is trash in my mind. Fills like a kids toy. It rattles more then the rhino. I hate the square tube cage. It has a very high center of gravety and the seats set way to high up. They do make a new one. Ow that will seat three riders up front and the center of gravity is much better an seats are set lower.

They are all nice for a hunting tool. I'm sure you will be pleased with what ever your choice is.

We've had a rhino, and sold it and got a ranger, ive rolled the rhino numerous times on easy trails, the ranger is ALOT more stable, and alot more comftorable in my opinion, its quieter, and has ALOT more space on it, i love the bigger bed on it. Its just as easy to fit into the tighter spots as well. and i feel i dont get as dusty in it opossed to the rhino. But theyre both good tools, and fun toys.

Buy the Ranger very impressive tool. As for the Rhino they roll to easy my son spent 30 days in intensive care almost lost his leg from a roll over.

If you are rolling your rhino, you flat out cannot drive and should not be driving a side x side. I have owned an RZRs, couple Rhinos, and soon to be a 4 seater XP900.

Ive put the SXS through everything. the tires on this rhino are way stickier and better then stock and i am on asphalt.. at the e nd of this video i am TRYING to get it up on 2 wheels and it is still very stable..... Ive put over 20k miles in a sxs and have tipped over once... of course to my own extreme pushing it....

if you broke a leg or almost lost a leg... rule number one with anything. keep your legs and arms inside.