Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Field Judging Elk and Scoring Elk Antlers 4

Below is the next exercise in How to Field Judge and Score Bull Elk. These photos were taken by Colburn and Scott Outfitters. There are several different angles from this Arizona Bull Elk. What is this bulls gross score? What are his point measurements? What are his mass measurements? How long are the main beams? How about Inside Spread? How does the rack look compared to his body? Post your guesses and scores here by clicking the post title, "Field Judging Elk and Scoring Elk Antlers 4" or go to Colburn and Scott Outfitters Facebook Page

Left Antler Angle

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+1.1.jpg

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+1.jpg

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+10.jpg

Right Antler Angle

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+5.jpg

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+6.jpg

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+7.jpg

Front On Antler Angle

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+4.jpg

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+2.jpg

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+3.jpg

Rear Antler Angle

How+to+field+judge+or+score+bull+elk+on+the+hoof+by+Colburn+and+Scott+Outfitters+8.jpg

Click the post title above to leave your guess or put your score on our

facebook page. I will post the results in a few days. As much as I love to pour over the numbers and analyze data it is important to keep in mind that the thrill of the hunt, getting to enjoy God's creation and spending time with friends is the thing that keeps us coming back for more. Try to not let score determine whether the hunt is a success or failure.

Click Below for other links related to Field Judging and Scoring Elk

838693349566457000-2954541876349419583?l=jayscottoutdoors.blogspot.com

View the full article

Left side:

G-1 16

G-2 15

G-3 15

G-4 19

G-5 13

Right side:

G-1 16

G-2 15

G-3 15

G-4 19

G-5 12

Beam (L) 52

® 53

Spread 37

Mass 56

Total 353

I don't know how to break it all down like camerann but when I saw the bull I thought he would go 365!

Sign in to follow this