Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Canyon Creek Turkey

I've been flyfishing Canyon Creek alot the past couple of months and have yet to see a turkey. Before the fire I rarely drove the rode in without seeing a couple dozen Turkey. Has anyone been seeing any birds down there or have the birds not moved back in the area, Or I could be blind. I may not be seeing any birds, but the fishing has been pretty good. Not like it used to be, but pretty good considering what the creek went through.

Adam

I've been flyfishing Canyon Creek alot the past couple of months and have yet to see a turkey. Before the fire I rarely drove the rode in without seeing a couple dozen Turkey. Has anyone been seeing any birds down there or have the birds not moved back in the area, Or I could be blind. I may not be seeing any birds, but the fishing has been pretty good. Not like it used to be, but pretty good considering what the creek went through.

Adam

I have not seen any turkeys either, but I've seen a ton of elk. That's a limited Opp hunt area too. Wouldn't be a bad second choice elk hunt.

Canyon Creek is Unit 23 right?

No deer.

No turkeys.

Man that unit has gone downhill!! Looks like we gotta find greener pastures.

I hear the 40's are lookin good these days.

Mike

Yeah, I have seen a ton of Elk, More than I used to. I did see a wolf a month ago as well. Alot of fresh bear tracks, but I've yet to glass one. Atliest the fishing has been decent.

Adam

im up there alot...i have seen turkey there the past couple of times ive been up there this summer...lots of elk...i got my elk last year in that area...on the limited oppurtunity hunt...it was surprisingly a great hunt...i got it opening day...there was a big herd of elk...lots of oppurtunity...just have to be lucky to see them turkeys

Good to hear someone has seen Turkey. With all the sparce vegitation and trees it should be a fun area to hunt the next couple of years. Thanks

Adam

when i went on my hunt last sept...it was so green it felt like hunting in a rainforest with its thickness...but there are turkeys there i have seen them this summer....they are just hard to find....pm me...and i will tell some spots to try