Sign in to follow this  
sloan

how to follow

new member here, came on board right at the switch, would really like to participate in this forum, but it is the most confusing forum for me both before and after the revamp.....can you boys please explain to me how to veiw the current topics , and follow my posts or comments...exp.. on monday i make a post or comment on another, when i log back in wensday to check on the new comments i cant because...well who knows...any help appreciated and good huntin to you all.....

View New Content is a text link in the upper right part of the forum. All you do is click on that after you are logged in and it will list all topics for which there are new posts since your last visit. Then when you see the list of topics with new posts, you will see a blue dot just to the left of the topic titles. Click on the dot and it will take you to the new post since your last visit. It's pretty simple. I attached some photos below that show the location of the View New Content text and also the location of the little blue dot I am talking about.

Regarding following a topic.....if you have the topic open and are reading in it, look in the upper right area and below the banner ads at the top of the forum for some text that says "follow this topic". Click on that and it will give you a couple options for following and just follow the directions to then get notifications when changes are made to the topic.

post-1-0-23750300-1347837846_thumb.jpg

Once you click View New Content (shown above), then you will see a list of Topics with new posts since your last visit. That lists looks like the one in photo below. Look just to the left of the topic title and you will see a blue dot, click on that and it will go to the first new post since your last visit. If you just click on the title of the topic, it will automatically take you to the first post in the thread.

post-1-0-33964400-1347837876_thumb.jpg

And here is the location of the "Follow this topic" button:

post-1-0-73838900-1347838178_thumb.jpg