Sign in to follow this  
khaller

Antelope Down

My first speed goat and hopefully not my last! Thanks to my uncle Rick for allowing me to put in with him sharing his 21 bonus points along with my 7 bonus points gave me an extra 7 bonus points :D The hunt was fun exciting and successful. We had a great time scouting and hunting these amazing animals. We had seen some bigger bucks and I even made a stock on a nice heard buck that was with about 75 does and smaller bucks only to have them bust out on me before I could get set up for the shot when another hunter came in and bugered them up on me :angry: Oh well, he who hesitates right! Later that after noon I decided out of fustration to take one of the pilot bucks that was not with so many eyes that I was able to stock in on and get the shot. Even though he wasn't the one I wanted I was happy enough with him to drop the hammer! My uncle and I poke fun at each other some times with the size of the animals we harvest, his famous saying is "One in the hand is worth ten in the bush and you can't eat the horns" -_- My reply to that is, "True, but you cant hang the meat on the wall" :P

My Buck

post-4882-0-44821000-1354425226_thumb.jpg

Uncle Ricks Buck

post-4882-0-45501400-1354425255_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great story! Thanks for sharing! You both have valid pionts and great trophies!