muskrat

San Tan Chapter - Mule Deer Foundation

Hi all. I have accepted the Chair position of the newly created San Tan Chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation. Ken Pizzagoni is the Co-Chair and good friend Danny Martinez is also on the Executive Committee.

We hope to kick off in January with some regular meetings and to start organizing an annual banquet.

Our focus will be on helping desert mulies but as you all know, habitat projects help all the critters in that area. There's a ton of great groups out there but if you're looking for a place to hang your hat and help out Arizona wildlife, we'd love to have you.

Our group is looking for members primarily from Gilbert, Chandler, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley but anyone is welcome. Mesa and Phoenix already have chapters as well.Please contact me if interested in helping out, and I'll post/send more info as it becomes available.

Marshall MacFarlane

Bump - banquet set for June in Chandler. Now we need to start amassing our army of members and volunteers :)

Hi all - sorry for the delay; we've been trying to coordinate schedules.

If anyone would like to be on "The Committee", we are meeting at the banquet location this Thursday night to start the planning process. It will be in Chandler at 7:30 PM.

Please send me an email at 3rca_AT_cox.net and I will get the info to you. (replace _AT_ with @)

Also, if you would just like to be a member but not serve on the committee you can still e-mail me at the address above, regarding membership to the MDF

Hi all - if interested, the organizing committee is meeting Thursday night (24th) in Chandler at 7:30 - same spot where our banquet will be in June:

Windmill Suites at Chandler Fashion Square

3535 W. Chandler Boulevard

Chandler, AZ 85226

OK all - time to get down to work!

The San Tan Chapter, as mentioned intends to encompass the areas of Gilbert, Chandler, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, etc. As most of you know, habitat projects don't usually just help the target species (i.e mule deer), but all of the critters in the area. Our goal, along with the Mesa Chapter and Phoenix chapter is to focus our project efforts on a 200-mile radius of Phoenix. That means all of these nearby units that we love to hunt pigs in, and mulies, and quail, and predators....

Most of the fundraising efforts focus on the annual banquet, but look for some cool raffles leading up to the banquet. My goal as Chapter Chairman is to have something perking, nearly year-round. I need help on the committee - people to do the following: get banquet donations for drawings and auctions, help with set-up and tear-down, help spread the word (via internet, posting fliers, e-mailing info, etc), help with registration and sign in, and probably - stuff I haven't thought of. Please contact me via PM or e-mail if interested. We'll be meeting every month or so, leading up to the banquet. The banquet is set for June 15th at Windmill Suites in Chandler.

If being on the committee is not your thing, but you're willing to be a member, online sign-up is easiest - join here: http://www.muledeer.org/get-involved/join I know that some of you belong to lots of conservation groups already, some have never belonged to one. For $35 a year, you can join a great group that helps all of our wildlife. We'll also need volunteers for conservation projects throughout the year.

OK guys - I could still use a committee member or two to help make our first banquet an awesome one. Would be cool if some of you businessey types helped to land a corporate table or two! Can use donations for auctions, raffles, etc. at the banquet.

Can always use members, of course. Had an exciting meeting on Saturday with some other Chapter Chairs, an MDF Board Member, the Regional Director.....

The Committee will start meeting this Tuesday night (19th) and will meet every other week - location TBD, probably in Chandler.

We could really use some help on this banquet. Need help soliciting donations, spreading the word, setting up and tearing down, selling tickets for banquet and raffles, registration, you name it.

Please email or PM me if interested in helping out.

No meeting this week - still getting some things together. Planning on the 26th.