Sign in to follow this  
jeffcros

Interested in getting some big eyes

I have the Doctors. But I have two friends that have the Kowas. I love my Doctors. There are two major differences in the two that I have noticed not dealing with clarity or glass. First is weight. The Doctors are (I did not look this up for exact weights) but a few pounds lighter. I carry my doctors with me everywhere. The second is the angled eye pieces on the Kowas. Most of my glassing is done from up high looking down. The last time I was out with my friend we were on the strip looking for mule deer. Climbing to the high vantage points and looking down he really struggled. The angles looking down through the angled eye pieces was compounded. He was having to lean way forward over the top of the Kowas to look at the country at down below us. Almost to the point of falling forward. You can visualize the angled eye pieces, with the binos set at level position. Angle the binos looking 45 degrees down hill, then 60 degrees, it becomes very difficult to look down at steep angles. Needless to say after awhile it he got some serious neck strain and it became a problem. Now just glassing from the flats looking up at stuff they are very comfortable, but I am interested in the best to work for all occasions which is why I went with the Doctors. Just my 2 cents