Sign in to follow this  
ketchupcox

New to Area - Unit 30A Tips

Hey Bill,

Did you cover the story ~15-20 years ago?

Yes, but I don't remember what year it was. Time flys when you're having fun. I interviewed a lot of people, including other landowners in the area who were pissed when the roads to their places suddenly were blocked by Klump fences. The missing wife was mentioned many times, but nobody had any specifics. The land management and law enforcement people expected lots of trouble, including a possible shootout, when they went onto the Klump leases to round up the trespassing cattle. The roundup was peaceful, though. As far as I know, the Klumps did not lose their leases.

Bill Quimby

I'm sure you know my dad...He was the land manager during that time period. If you want to hear some good Klump stories, my dad has more than one!!! :lol: My dad always said...they are great people if you meet them on the street, but put a BLM title behind your name and you are considered the devil himself in the klumps eyes. Those klumps probably took 10 years off my dads life with all their lies, lawsuits, liens (they actually put a lein on our house!), death threats, etc, etc. I think it is a crock that some ranchers can get away with public theivery, and even murder...because nobody questions what they do! My dad did, and got the short end. Anyway, it's an unfortunate situation that probably will not go away anytime soon.