Sign in to follow this  
Coues Sniper

Video of my Double Beam Buck

Awesome!! I have been looking forward to the story and now it even comes with video, excellent! Congratulations on a great buck!

Was that a high shoulder shot? Love when they drop and never move again....

Thanks Amanda. No, it wasn't a high shoulder shot. I was above him so I put it mid height on the shoulder to me, and it exited 1/3 up on opposite side. We did the gutless method so I didn't look at the vitals, but the shockwave and bloodshot was pretty amazing. Both shoulders were toast, as was very front of backstrap on side to me.

cool.....I shot a buck once in Mexico and it dropped just like that and never moved....it was so awesome, I wish I had gotten it on video. The camera guy was on his way, but didn't get there in time. Mine was high shoulder and the way yours dropped reminded me of that shot.

It is nice when they drop like a sack of rocks ;). The funny thing is, Jay and I had some time so we discussed different land marks and how he would talk me into the buck if I missed and he moved out. When I shot, I though I got back in the scope pretty quickly, but couldn't find the buck and wasn't getting any feedback from Jay. You can barely her me on the radio saying "What happened?" as I was totally confused. That's when Jay gets on with the nice shot part :).

Great video of a great buck with an awesome shot! Way to go and congratulations again!