Sign in to follow this  
coues7

Scoring

On the Boone and Crocket scoring sheet it states: SPREAD CREDIT MAY EQUAL BUT NO EXCEED LONGER ANTLER

Does this mean that if the main beam (measurement F) is 18" long and if the spreads are 12" , 19.5" and 20" that you can only use 18"?

OR

Does this mean that if the longest point measurement (G1, G2, G3 etc) is 10" long and if the spreads are 12", 19.5" and 20" that you can only use 10"?

Any experience input would be greatly appreciated.

Coues7

There is only ONE spread credit. The widest distance between the inside of the beams taken perpendicular to the center line of the skull. Meaning if you drew a line from the forehead down the middle of the nose you measure the spread perpendicular to that line. The other spread measurements are only supplimental data but do not figure into the score. So if your inside spread is 19" but the main beam length is 18" then you only get to use 18" of the spread in the score. If the spread is 17" then you get the whole 17".

I hope this helps.

So we are talking inside spread only? Why is that? If the main beam was 25" long and the outside spread (measurement C) was 24" and the inside spread (measurement D) was 18" and tip to tip was (measurement B) was 12" wouldn't you use the outside spread (measurement C) since it is the greatest but does not exceed the "longer antler"?

coues7

Redbeard is exactly right! Spread credit is only the widest inside point of the main beams perpindicular to the skull! If the longer main beam is longer than that measurement(inside spread) than you only get the lessor length.The outside spread is just extra info that doesn`t count by the Boone and Crockett system. Allthough it is the measurement that most guys Bragg about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the diagrams on the score sheet they are fairly self explanetory!

P. S. I hope you get one that all you buddies thinks needs to be measured!

good luck Coues Addict

I believe you guys.....I just can't find where it spells that out on the score sheet. If someone doesn't mind....please show me. Thanks

NEVER MIND I FOUND IT SPELLED OUT UNDER ITEM D ON PAGE 2....THANKS