Sign in to follow this  
scout4u

operation clean up

did anyone else hunting in 32 get the post card about the public and private land clean up being held on Oct 7th? With all the access issue this is a great way to bring the land owners and hunters together. Its being held at Copper Creek Road in Mammoth thats where they will provide bags and directions to the areas that need attention. the contact info is

Matt Walton, Landowner Relations Coordinator # 520-388-4468

I'll be there with my 4 year old son. I figured its time to start introducing him to hunting (in a way).

Folks this is a good idea, but if my memory serves correctly the last time there was a clean up of this area we were all rerwarded by having the area locked up and having to pay to go through to enjoy the wilderness. So what are we going to get this time....

i dont expect things to change overnight between hunters and land owners but if we chip away at the ice long enough sometime it will crack and fall. I think these gatherings should be down in every unit with issues. I always pack out 10x more trash then i pack in but i am only one man. heck i even pack a few hose and wire repair kits with me on my quad just incase while out hunting i see a water line that needs fixed or a fence that needs worked. I work at Ace hardware so the supplies cost me next to nothing and fixing things in the field is well worth a few extra mins of my time........