Sign in to follow this  
Buckhunter

2 cams stolen does any one know this set up?

When I set a cmera at a water hole I use the time lapse and set the camera way back from the water ,many times up high in a tree! Prefferably back far enough to monitor the entire water hole and set it to take 2 pic every 5 or 10 minutes daytime with a large gig card its good fo a month! Set ups like this are way less likely to be messed with!

I also have used decorative plastic barrel cactus (Micheales artsy fartsystore) that are just big enough to put a small cam into.... These have never been stolen by a human, once a bear picked it up and moved it and I was lucky to notice it when checking a trail by the location!

Always wash my hands before setting or checking cams and spray down cam and area with scent eliminator - Bears zero in on cams that have odors of humans on them!

Nice, I like that idea!

I have had over 30 trail cameras out for the past 3 years, and most are Not locked. Never had a camera stolen! ( knock, knock). My cameras are hidden! It is very hard to steal if you don't know it's there...

Pics, pics!

I have had over 30 trail cameras out for the past 3 years, and most are Not locked. Never had a camera stolen! ( knock, knock). My cameras are hidden! It is very hard to steal if you don't know it's there...

i dont have any cameras but i think if i had more than 4 i would forget where i put them hahaha.

i dont have any cameras but i think if i had more than 4 i would forget where i put them hahaha.

GPS them!