Sign in to follow this  
Archaic

Some 36B basic questions

Years ago a buddy and me had an early hunt north of Tucson. Mid to high nineties by noon. We hunted hard and covered lots of ground on foot. In February of the next year my buddy was at home in his recliner one evening and hit the floor stone cold dead from a massive heart attack. Autopsy showed that he only had forty percent of his heart that was healthy. He worked for Pima mine back then and had a yearly physical. So much for that. Tragic part was Kenneth was only 46 years old. Left his wife and 2 daughters. My point in this is that if you hunt in that kind of weather, you might want to remember that you ain't ten feet tall and bullet proof....pace yourself and do lots of water. Oh, and don't rely on company provided physicals!

I've hunted 33 and 36B during the early hunts and the temps are usually hot in the day but at times I have also seen temps cold enough to put down frost at night.

Sorry to hear about your friend Muleskinner. A basic physical each year is a good thing for us to do once we reach 30. At 40 we start getting poked and prodded by the Doc and if anyone is like me with high cholesterol please take it one step further and do a Nuclear Stress Test and then again every five years. It only takes a few hours and it will save your life.

During the one I did last year my Blood Pressure hit 232 about five minutes into the treadmill so now I take half a pill each morning and feel a lot better and less stressed out.

I'd hate to have the big one if I was out hunting with my son. I know I am going to die one day, it's the only thing we can be sure of, but I would like to spare him that memory.