Sign in to follow this  
CEI

ORG-5 years ago

ORG-the-Begining.jpg
I wrote out the idea for the ORG in 2008.

Ideas are easy!  

During the summer of 2008, I had an idea....    

ORG Hunting Resource
ORG Colorado Hunting Story

• I had NO graphic design experience. 
  • I had NO marketing skills. 
  • I didn't have much business experience. 
  • I had no magazine, print or web design experience.  
  • I wasn't known in the hunting industry.

ORG-Hunting Directory
ORG-State Resources & Services

It took a long time! 

The 1st couple of issues of the AZ ORG were sub-par products, but I learned from it.  My bank account suffered from it, but I still believed in my idea.  I knew I was a serious hunter and I knew I wanted a resource I could have in my truck and phone.  I also knew hunters wanted to read state hunting stories and information.

ORG-the-Begining-State-Storie-Arizona.jp
ORG-State Hunting Stories, Information & Resources

2 years into my idea...

I quit my career FF job of 10 years, so I could dedicate more time to this crazy idea.  Many called me crazy, but you can't tip toe around if you are going to be successful.  Those that tip toe, never live life to it's fullest.  

July 2, 2013 

I sit here for the first time looking at what I know are the BEST State Magazines & Resources on the market.  We are launching 3 more state editions in 2014, because we know the business model works and hunters find the ORG valuable.

If you have an idea for a business or product, please feel free to call me or shoot me an email.  I never had a mentor in the hunting industry, because I honestly believe most of the people in the industry are super busy and most didn't really see my vision.  

I can't say I will be a mentor, but I will dang sure give you my opinions.  Ideas are the easy part!  

Best-Craig Steele

View the full article