Sign in to follow this  
bullwidgeon

Question for Globe dwellers

Allright quit being tight lipped, how big is the herd bull (bulls) between Globe and Seneca? I have seen the raghorns, cows, calfs and spikes that inhabit the area but never the bull (bulls). I think drawing that tag may be hard and the hunt might be harder because I am pretty sure that the herd I know about goes back onto the Reservation sometimes. It will be alot harder because it is December and there will no rut then so calling one in off the res would be impossible but I have to know how big is the herd bull in there? Thanks

Bret M.

Bret,

I don't know how big the herd bull is there. I saw some decent bulls in there a couple of years ago but no real toads. There could be some big ones because it is so close to the Res. The time of year I always see elk in there is in the summer to early fall, not December. I have hunted Coues in that area and have not seen any elk there in Dec. They could be there in Dec. but would be hard to find. Wish I could help more but thats all the info I have.

Travis

Guest Guest_bullwidgeon

I have only seen them int he Spring and Summer so I thought they moved aruond quite a bit. I am suprised they are going about the hunt they way they are, I thought they would treat the northern half of that unit like a regular unit and have regular elk hunts with a population plan for them and everything. I guess not. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

Bret M.