Hey guys,

Just moved to Tucson from Pensacola, Florida. I've deer hunted Florida, Alabama, Georgia, and Texas. I'm betting that hunting in Arizona is much much different. I'm looking for a good group of guys to join up with to fill the tag on 34B October 25- 31.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to AZ...I grew up hunting in TN, so similar background. AZ hunting is a lot different and takes a little getting used to, but I've grown to prefer glassing and spot n stalk over the typical treestand hunting in the south.

No recommendations on a group of hunters, but hopefully you find someone on here...always more fun to scout and hunt with others. I had a friend with this tag a couple years ago and he said it was a tough hunt. Most of the areas I know have a lot of mule deer. Not sure on whitetail. I've always heard access is a tough issue for whitetail hunting in 34b.

Start here on the azgfd site and might try to contact one of the wildlife managers in the unit. I ran into one in Jan during archery and he was surveying whitetails, so I'm sure he can tell you some good starting points and access issues.

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/hunting_units_34b.shtml

Good luck and again welcome to AZ and CWT! :D

• Like 1

That's a great unit if you know where to look. You'll need a pretty sturdy 4WD rig and some good maps to get around... I haven't seen a whole lot of Coues east of the Whetstones, so I'd rule that area out and focus on getting in on that west side somewhere. That's all I'm gonna put out there- good luck!