MXW13

Nov Success

Due to lack of time off our November hunt was limited to Fri, Sat, Sunday of the first weekend. We glassed up several bucks on Friday, and attempted a stock but the deer got spooked. Saturday morning didn't go as well in numbers. We only glassed up one deer, but it was a buck. He was decent enough, and we saw him bed down. We wanted a 3x3 and he was a 3x3. I stayed at the glassing location keeping an eye on the deer, and in radio communication with my uncle and brother that hiked out after him. Two and a half hours later they arrived and were in position. The deer had repositioned only a few yard away from his original position, and they were able to spot him. He shot, and I saw the deer rolling down the hill before I heard the shot. Deer down! It turned out that the deer was 1.3 miles away as the crow flies. Attached are pictures from our glassing location, from the deer’s point of view, and of the 3x3 deer we work together on getting in unit 33.

We glassed from this point of view:

Glassedfrom-2.jpg

This was the deer's point of view:

ShotFrom-2.jpg

Here is my brother and his deer:

IMG_1137.jpg

Mike W.

Congrats man! Technology to be able to share these moments with the rest of the world make this some much better. Don't you love Swarovski!

Good glassign and Determination for sure. He earned that buck!