Sign in to follow this  
Coues Sniper

High Fence Coues???

Amen John. I'm sure PETA is headed that direction with their prop 204...Then they go after bow hunting, etc.

Incredibly sad. How would a fellow even have the audacity to take a picture with a buck shot within a fence? Look kids there's Grandpa with his $20k coues deer. He said once they stopped feeding it, the deer got real spooked, making for a really tough hunt. Yeah Grandps was quite the outdoorsman. And here he is at the trout farm.....

Well, there's a difference between banning it and supporting/doing it. Should it be banned? Course not. How would you police it? I mean what if it's a 200,000 acre enclosure? Surely that could still be considered fair chase (assuming it wasn't rasised in a pen, which some of the pictures on that website clearly suggest.) So how big is fair? Should it be different sizes for different species? So on, so forth. All wanted to say is how ridiculous it is to "hunt" an animal raised as a pet and then brag about it. It's the exact oppisite of Coues hunting in my opinion. Exact oppisite. As far as people buying bid tags and hiring an army of people to find them a big buck, i don't look down on that at all. It's still a wild deer. Honestly, i bet most anyone here would jump at the chance to shoot a monster buck if someone told them they knew where one was. I mean if one of your buddies is like "hey i know where a 130" nontypical hangs out in your unit, i can show him to you, no problem", what are you going to say? No thanks, i didn't scout that deer myself so i'm not interested? Crazy talk. Just my 2 cents :)

And I'm glad this site officially doesn't support high fence hunting!

Who cares? It's not, and I don't think anyone is suggesting that it's fair chase... If someone wants to pay big bucks to have a a big buck grown for them, then go out and kill him behing a high fence, go for it... Is it that big a deal? I don't think it's neccesarily hunting either, but I don't want to see anything even remotely related to hunting banned, that is a slippery slope...

The Arizona Humane Society is currently campaigning to ban "enclosure hunting". I'm sure PETA & IDA are also backing it. Hunters dividing on issues like this is dangerous, because if they succeed and pass a law that bans hunting within an "enclosure", but it does not specifically define what an "enclosure" is it leaves the door wide open for interpretation. Before you know it, every piece of ground that has a 3 wire cattle fence around it is an enclosure, even though it's public property. In fact, I can't think of a single wilderness area I've backpacked in that isn't completely enclosed with barbed wire. It's what they use to mark the boundary.

I have to correct myself. It's the Humane Society of the United States. Not Az. I believe the state organizations are just branches of the main one, but don't know for sure. At anyrate, their article states that even a ranch of thousands of acres is unfair, because it hinders movement, escape routes, etc. They draw no distinction between a small pen & a huge ranch.

Incredibly sad. How would a fellow even have the audacity to take a picture with a buck shot within a fence? Look kids there's Grandpa with his $20k coues deer. He said once they stopped feeding it, the deer got real spooked, making for a really tough hunt. Yeah Grandps was quite the outdoorsman. And here he is at the trout farm.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: