I have checked into sponsering people on to Miltary bases to hunt with me.But from what I read I can only take up to four people to hunt with me and they can only hunt Coyotes,Rabbits and Birds.I'll be calling the sportsmans center on Fort Huchuca this week because I'm curious to see why that is.After reading that article I wonder why the Game and Fish just didn't net them and transfer them into a different moutain range or somewhere else in the unit.

29 COUES DEER KILLED ON POST IS JUST A DROP IN THE BUCKET FOR THAT AREA. THEY HAVE MORE COUES IN THERE THAN ANYWHERE ELSE. DRIVE THROUGH THERE @ DUSK AND YOU WILL WILL SEE MORE COUES THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT!! THE BEST COLLECTION OF COUES DEER THAT I HAVE SEEN HAVE COME FROM THERE... MORE THAN 15 DEER @ 100" OR BETTER!!! AS FAR AS THE PUBLIC HUNTING THERE, IT REALLY SHOULD BE OPENED UP, IT REALLY IS OVER POPULATED AND THERE ARE SOME TROPHY DEER IN THERE THAT SOME PEOPLE WOULD PAY BIG MONEY FOR, MAYBE THEY SHOULD ISSUE SOME GOV. TAGS IN THIER UNIT? I WOULD HUNT EXCLUSIVELY @ FT. HUACHUCA IF GIVEN THE CHANCE, BUT I GUESS I DON'T HAVE THAT RIGHT EVEN THOUGH I WAS BORN THERE!!!

GRANT.

they where not couse deer, they where carp.

It is true that I assumed that these deer are Coues because as pre8er has said, I too have only seen Coues on the base as I have driven through.

The deer killed where in the fenced area north of the Sierra Vista airport road, almost at Huachuca city. They where Mule Deer, and where fenced in when they installed "Home-land Security Fencing" a couple years ago. This is a 8 foot chain-link fence with barb wire on top. There was no way for deer to exit or enter this area. At the time of fence's completion, they counted at about 24 deer (all mule deer) trapped in fencing.