Sign in to follow this  
Gary I

1980 Jeep CJ-7

OK, so I've got this jeep. I bought it from the original owner a few months ago.( I found the original sales receipt in the glove box) He had started to rebuild it when his job got transfered to hawaii and he never got it finished. He had a little over $9000.00 in work in it so far. He pulled out the 4 cyl. engine and put in a 4.3 liter GM v-6 with about 45,000 miles on it. He bought a brand new NV 3500 GM 5 speed transmission, clutch and pressure plate, had the transfer case rebuilt, had both front and rear differentials rebuilt with upgraded axles installed, put new Ride-Rite suspension including leaf springs and shocks, had a new bigger gas tank and skid plates installed, put a used scrambler cab and bulk-head on it, new seats in it, had rebuilt drive shafts installed, had a new steering box installed, and 5 brand new tires and wheels that have 1 mile on them, and a few other things i'm forgetting. The body is really straight with little or no rust, it has an extra gas tank made special to fit down in the bed. The entire heater and duct work has been removed but is here and in good shape. When I got it I had to drain the gas out of it and put in a new battery and it started and ran good (drove it around the block once, thats the 1 mile on the tires). When the engine was put in the wiring for all of the computer and sensors was a mess and I wanted to get it back to simple so I bought a new Edelbrock intake manifold, a new Edelbrock 1404 carburetor and a new single wire Davis Ignition distributor. I installed these parts and believe I have the spark plug wires one notch off on the distributor and I have not had time to get it running again. Included will be the owners manual and 2 chilton manuals for the jeep. Don't get me wrong, this thing is not perfect. It will take some time to finish putting it all back together but would be worth it.

This will make an excellent project for someone to finish and have a great jeep when it's done. Most of what it needs to finish it is pretty easy. I have just come to realize that I have bitten off more than I can chew in the project department and don't have time to get it done.

I need to get $3500.00 for it. I may also be interested in trading it for a nice travel trailer, could throw in some cash for the right deal. I have a clean title in hand. I laso like AR-15s.

I'm in Payson if you want to see it. You can get ahold of me at 928-951-2627 or e-mail me at: antlerfinder.com

Thanks, Gary

Sorry for the long read but I don't want any interested people to be surprised, I'm telling what I was told when I bought it and what I've seen working on it.

post-1822-0-28079100-1391529787_thumb.jpg

post-1822-0-78141500-1391529810_thumb.jpg

post-1822-0-44604000-1391529825_thumb.jpg