Sign in to follow this  
Prohunt

Mathews Legacy

I just purchased a new Mathews Legacy. I am going to get a new rest, sights,stabilizer, and a bow mounted quiver.This bow will be used for tournaments in the summer and hunting in the winter. I want to shoot the same set up for hunting and tournaments. I am an experienced archer and have an idea how I am going to set it up but I just wanted to know what was new out there and what has been the most reliable in the past for other people.

Thanks for any help other archers can give me.

Travis

P.S. If anyone is looking for a nice used bow for cheap email me at kholder@theriver.com

Travis,

The Legacy is a great bow, smooth and real quiet. I just got a new LX and put a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest on it. Check one of these out. Also put on a Dusk Devil fiber optic sight. Tried a handful of stabilizers, but could not discern a major differences in sound or vibration reduction. The Sims stabilizer balanced well on the bow, and took out the most vibration.

Maybe I'll bump into you at Clint's Well next weekend.

Doug/Red Rabbit

Doug,

Thanks for the info. I looked at the Dusk Devil the other day and really liked it.The pins are super bright and I like the idea of the extra peep alignment.I also like the fact that Montana Black Gold has a lifetime warr. on all parts. I will have to check out that rest, I think my buddy from Payson shoots it.Did you happen to try a Golden Key Tranquilizer Stabilizer on your LX? I liked how light that one was but I don't know anyone that shoots one. Thanks again.

Travis

Travis,

I tried the following stabilizers: Trophy Ridge Exchanger, Vibracheck Isolator, 7" Doinker, Sims Enhancer 2000, Sims 3 module Stabilzer, and 10" X-Ring hydraulic with a Sims on the end. The best was the Enhancer in combination with the 3 module, but I thought it was too heavy and threw the balance too far forward. Next best was a tie between the Vibracheck and the Sims 3 Modules. Balance was good-slightly front heavy. Real close to these was the stabilzer I already had on the previous bow-the X-Ring with the Sims on the end. Next to last were the Trophy Ridge Xchanger and Doinker. I thought they removed less vibration and were slightly noisier. Last was the Sims Enhancer 2000 by itself. These are my subjective opinions based on the vibrations felt in my bow hand, and my ears. I did not use a decibel meter to check the noise.

Have fun trying out different stabilizers.

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the info. I spoke to a guy at Bear Mountain that said I can bring it in and try some stabilizers. I don't think my bow will be ready for Clint's Well. Maybe I will be ready for some shoots later in the summer.thanks again.

Travis