Sign in to follow this  
sherman

Looking to stud my hound

Ok so we got our jake when he was a puppy and his testicles never dropped but we are wanting to see if he can reproduce. He is a red tick/blue tick hound. The lady we got him from and a few other people have told us shehas a ton of money into the blood lines of her dogs. I know he is from some of Jakie Chiles dogs and from another well known man from northern New Mexico. I can find out. Let me know if anyone is interested in thispost-5984-0-39875500-1402759866.jpgpost-5984-0-98449200-1402759898.jpg. You can txt me or call me at 520 686 0838 if I don't answer leave message. We are in benson. Thanks dustin

Most likely he will not be able to reproduce if his testicles are in his abdomen (undropped). You should not want to breed a dog that is cryptorchid (abdominal testicles) anyways as it is a genetic defect that increases risks of cancers and torsions. I would highly recommend no matter how good the bloodline that you do not breed that dog, even though it is probably mute point with Jake.

So will it cause problems health wise if we don't have him cut

It just increases the risk of him developing testicular cancers or having one of the testicles become torsed or twisted. That would be an emergency if that happened. Both of these problems are still relatively unlikely but if he were my dog I would go in and remove them. Like I said earlier he probably would not be able to site young as the sperm cannot develop appropriately at too high a temperature (in the abdomen). Probably won't cause any ill effects to his health in the short term.